Jack Leblond of Agent Genius Mag recently posted one of the most simple, straightforward lists on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) that I have seen. I’m sure it helps that he wrote this after attending a conference where the head of Google’s anti-webspam team spoke.
I’ve been meaning to put together one of these lists myself, but why recreate the wheel? Here’s a synopsis of his article. Click the link below to read in full.
Ten SEO Tips
- Use good URL & site structure
- Use good and unique page titles
- Use keywords naturally within your content
- Page title and URL do not have to match
- Check your site logs often to see what you already rank well for
- Create a blog and post often
- Fill in your description tags
- Create an XML site map
- If you are local, be sure to register in the Google local business center
- Use your chosen keywords in URL and titles